At Great Plains SPCA, our team members are our Heroes!
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Do you want to make a difference to pets in need? Then Great Plains may be the place for you! At Great Plains, Kindness, Grace and Accountability are at the root of all we do. We strive to create an environment that is diverse and inclusive for everyone, where our staff and volunteers belong and are empowered to do the best and bring their best everyday.
- We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts in our retail store
- Plus a fun and energizing place to work where employee engagement is key
- Lots of puppy and kitten kisses!
Please see our current opportunities below. Click on the job title to view the job description and apply.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Unfortunately, we currently do not have any available. Please check back soon for new opportunities. If you would still like to be a part of our organization, please see our Volunteer page to learn how you can help.
- Description: The Shelter Manager works in partnership with our current Shelter Manager and is responsible for the overall leadership, management and development of the Adoptions and Animal Care teams. The Shelter Manager will maintain a safe and healthy environment for animals, staff and the public and create a structured team environment dedicated to the excellence and success of Great Plains SPCA.
- Description: The Manager of Planned Giving and Major Gifts will be responsible for growing our financial strength through current and future donations focusing on major gifts and planned giving that enable us to achieve both our short term and long term revenue goals. We are looking for the perfect fit so this role has the potential to be either part-time or full-time.
- Description: The Marketing and Events Coordinator will create content and stories for Great Plains SPCA’s marketing and social media channels while supporting our events team in executing and running events onsite and offsite. This role works collaboratively across the organization to appropriately address the marketing needs and articulate a cohesive and compelling message across selected channels.
Board of Directors Opportunities:
We are looking for diverse, passionate community leaders with a strong background in development, fundraising and marketing who are willing to bring their experience to help us increase our brand awareness and financial growth. While day-to-day operations are led by GPSPCA’s Chief Executive Officer, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership. The appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected to provide leadership, governance, and oversight. Here’s what you can expect as a member of our Board:
- Serving on our Fundraising committee and taking on special assignments (1-4 hours per month).
- Actively participate as Brand Advocate and Ambassador in GPSPCA’s fundraising efforts, events, and donor engagement meetings.
- Serving as a trusted adviser to the CEO as she develops and implements GPSPCA’s strategic plan.
- Approving GPSPCA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics for evaluating community impact.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials in preparation for quarterly board meetings.
- Contributing to the annual performance review of the CEO.
- Assisting the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members.
- Ensuring GPSPCA’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities GPSPCA serves.
If you have any questions about the posted opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are grateful to receive such strong interest in our organization! At times, we are unable to respond to every applicant due to a high volume of submissions, however we sincerely appreciate every person who reaches out to us.
If you do not see a position you are interested in, but would like to be considered for future employment opportunities, applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include “employment opportunities” and the name of the position you are interested in the subject line.
Great Plains SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, or for any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Great Plains SPCA depends solely on your qualifications.