At Great Plains SPCA, our team members are our Heroes!
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Do you want to make a difference to pets in need? Then Great Plains may be the place for you! At Great Plains, Kindness, Grace and Accountability are at the root of all we do. We strive to create an environment that is diverse and inclusive for everyone, where our staff and volunteers are empowered to do their best and pull together to achieve amazing results….every day! Come join us in our lively, fast paced and energizing workplace where mental health and well-being are key to employee engagement!
Here is an overview of the benefits package:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Discounts on medical treatment for employee pets
- Employee discounts for purchases in our retail store
- Lots of puppy and kitten kisses!
Please see our current opportunities below. Click on the job title to view the job description and apply.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Unfortunately, we currently do not have any available. Please check back soon for new opportunities. If you would still like to be a part of our organization, please see our Volunteer page to learn how you can help.
Description: Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Marketing Manager role is responsible for the management and implementation of marketing, branding and communications for our mission-driven organization. This is a position that requires both strategic leadership and hands-on marketing skills. In support of a small marketing department, the Senior Marketing Manager will be expected to perform tasks as much as to lead others in achieving goals. This is an excellent opportunity to join a best in class, mission-driven service organization within the animal welfare industry.
Description: The Animal Care Technician is a full-time, non-exempt position that provides all animals in Great Plains SPCA care with professional, conscientious, compassionate care, meeting physical and behavioral needs during four 10-hour shifts each week, including weekends and some holidays. The successful candidate will have a high drive for results, proactive communication skills, follow through and ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Board of Directors Opportunities:
We are looking for diverse, passionate community leaders with a strong background in finance, development, fundraising and marketing who are willing to bring their experience to help us increase our brand awareness and financial growth. While day-to-day operations are led by GPSPCA’s Chief Executive Officer, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership. The appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected to provide leadership, governance, and oversight. Here’s what you can expect as a member of our Board:
- Serving on our Fundraising committee and taking on special assignments (1-4 hours per month).
- Actively participate as Brand Advocate and Ambassador in GPSPCA’s fundraising efforts, events, and donor engagement meetings.
- Serving as a trusted adviser to the CEO as she develops and implements GPSPCA’s strategic plan.
- Approving GPSPCA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics for evaluating community impact.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials in preparation for quarterly board meetings.
- Contributing to the annual performance review of the CEO.
- Assisting the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members.
- Ensuring GPSPCA’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities GPSPCA serves.
If you have any questions about the posted opportunities, please email email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are grateful to receive such strong interest in our organization! At times, we are unable to respond to every applicant due to a high volume of submissions, however we sincerely appreciate every person who reaches out to us.
If you do not see a position you are interested in, but would like to be considered for future employment opportunities, applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “employment opportunities” and the name of the position you are interested in the subject line.
Great Plains SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, or for any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Great Plains SPCA depends solely on your qualifications.