Please follow these important steps if you have lost a pet
Call local animal control and shelters or vet clinics where they take pets. Don’t rely on e-mail as your only method of contact. Go to your area’s shelter and see if your pet is there. Also call any other local vet clinics, animal control for bordering cities, and other major animal shelters. Ask how often you should call back to update your report (at Great Plains SPCA, lost reports are automatically cleared from our database after 30 days).
Animal Control for:
View a full list of Regional Municipal Animal Control Units
- Overland Park: (913) 895-6300
- Lenexa: (913) 477-7385
- Merriam: (913) 322-5581
- Shawnee: (913) 631-2155
- Northeast (for Fairway, Mission, Roeland Park, Westwood): (913)782-0720
- Prairie Village & Mission Hills: (913) 642-6868 ext. 4631
- Leawood: (913) 642-5555
- Olathe Animal Control & Shelter: (913) 971-6362
- KCK Animal Control & Shelter: (913) 321-1445
Visit the shelters/clinics in person to look for your pet.There is always the possibility that another person’s description of your pet will vary from your own. Find out how long the agency holds pets for owners to claim (varies from 3 to 10 days in different areas) and visit at least that often.