Thank you so much for being a hero for pets and trying to help the stray you’ve found. Chances are that pet has a family that is searching desperately for it, and the steps you take next will help them be reunited as quickly as possible.
If you found a stray, follow these steps:
- Call the nearest shelter first, then call animal control for the city you found the animal in.
***Please do not drive the animal to a shelter as animal control regulations vary by city.***
- Additional resources to contact:
- Take a picture of the animal and post it to:
- Keep the animal in your car if they are friendly and easy to approach.
- Keep a leash and treats in your car to draw the animal to you.