We are grateful to receive thousands of gift in-kind items each year, but we always need more to support our programs and services. Generous in-kind donations make our mission possible! In-kind donations can be dropped off at our Merriam or Independence Campuses during hours of operation.
Interested in sponsoring a donation drive? We so appreciate our supporters who want to help us collect supplies. If you have questions about how to do this, please contact email@example.com for more information!
You can order our most-needed items from Amazon.com by clicking here. Items purchased from our Amazon Wish Lists will go directly to the Merriam or Independence campus. Order items through Amazon Smile and choose Great Plains SPCA as your charity of choice to have a portion of the proceeds from your purchase directly donated to our organization.
See our full list on our Amazon Wish List page.
High priority items
- Canned puppy and dog food (pâté style preferred)
- Dry cat food for our Pet Food Pantry
- Paper Towels
- Cardboard flats (pop can or food can size)
- Canned Chicken
- Disinfecting Bleach
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Purell hand sanitizing gel
- Kong Toys or Durable Toys
- Canned kitten and cat food (pâté style)
- Gift cards to Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores
- Disinfecting wipes
- High value treats – pupperoni/canine carryouts/beggin strips
- AA and AAA batteries
Items we always need:
- Sentry Calming Collars for dogs and cats
- New Martingale collars
- Dish scrub pads and sponges with scrubby sides
- Peanut Butter
- Hot Dogs
- Canned pumpkin
- Paper sacks
- Plain yogurt
- Cheerios/Rice krispies
- Moist and meatys
- Plush squeaker toys
* Bolded items are in highest need.
Note on pet food donations:
Great Plains SPCA has a partnership with Hill’s Pet Nutrition, which allows us to purchase dry Science Diet food as part of a special shelters-only discount program. This means that all of Great Plains SPCA’s homeless pets are fed a premium diet and adopters are sent home with a free 4-lb starter bag of their new pet’s food. We always accept canned food, puppy and kitten formula and Science Diet donations. However, dry non-Science Diet food will service our HERO Team services and collaborations with other local charities.
Want to help? If you have any questions, please call us at (913) 808-3316 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.