What’s Kind and Hard-Working and Covered in Hair?
- The time volunteers spend loving on and being loved by our temporarily homeless pets keeps the them safe, happy, comfortable AND gets them into forever homes quicklyl
- The compassion volunteers show – not only to the sick, scared, injured, or even too-gosh-darn-excited animals, but also to the family who has to give up their dog when they lose their home, the man who finds a box of kittens behind his store and needs help nursing them back to health, or the grieving guardian who’s not quite ready to adopt again but comes to visit every week and hand out cookies – keeps us all living our mission.
- The vision volunteers demonstrate — sharing ideas to improve the lives of animals in our care, looking after one another and the staff in times of stress, harsh weather, and puppy/kitten season, as well as celebrating adoptions and successes — keeps us constantly moving forward to improve the lives of animals in our community.
- The dedication it takes to pull on the running shoes, work boots, and winter coat (or sun hat) each day in order to exercise our shelter dogs, socialize the cats, clean, build, organize, and promote Great Plains SPCA, then go home covered in fur, muscles tired and heart full — because every day the animals need them. And every day the volunteers are here.
- The fun volunteers bring to the shelter – from fairy wings and reindeer antlers for photo shoots to play sessions in the yards and colony rooms, to the humor, balloons, and people treats – makes Great Plains SPCA a one-of-a-kind destination in animal welfare.
We love you, Volunteers! You’re part of why we love our jobs, why adopters choose to complete their families with our animals, and all-around what makes Great Plains SPCA an awesome place. Thank you for being part of our team! Happy Volunteer Appreciation Week!